A bit about us
Get into work, plug yourself in, clock up the hours, do what your boss tells you to do in just the way you are told to do it, go home, moan, go to bed and repeat ad infinitum.
Does this sound like an interesting and productive way to live your life?
We don’t think so, which is why we are striving to create an environment that allows everyone’s creative side to breathe. Our team is from a wide range of backgrounds and between us we have a huge number of skills and interests to call on. What we want to do is allow these different abilities and ways of doing things to complement each other, so that new ideas come to the fore quickly and are developed to the very limit of their potential.
We want and need people who are passionate about developing not just the business but themselves. By developing yourself you are already half way to helping the business develop as well. If you are constantly striving to better yourself and are looking for a company where this is actively encouraged, then you’re in the right place.
Who are we?
- Have you heard the one about the South African, the Englishman, the Austrian and the Sri Lankan? Well, that’s only half of the Wedo story and it’s no joke! Our team is drawn from all four corners of the world and we pride ourselves on the different backgrounds and outlooks on life we all have.
- Regardless of where we’re from we all have the same core values: honesty, integrity, diligence and a JFDI attitude (look it up!).
- We have created an environment in which we all feel comfortable working and genuinely look forward to coming to work in the morning.
- We realise we don’t know everything and think that being open to new ideas and innovation is key to our business going from strength to strength and becoming the number 1 in our industry as quickly as possible.
- While we ensure we put the hard work in we all like to relax and when we feel we have earnt it we make sure we celebrate and chill out.
What do wedo?
- Our team is built up of several teams all working towards delivering a portfolio of niched, online retail stores, each specialising in one particular product. Each one offering a simple, pleasurable shopping experience with a handpicked range of competitively priced, quality products.
- Our tech team builds the websites and are constantly developing new technologies to make the shopping experience easier and more intuitive.
- Our content team adds products to the site, working on better imagery, product descriptions and ensuring we have as much information on the site in as accessible a manner as possible.
- Our ecommerce team works on supplier relationships, merchandising, advertising (PPC, SEO and other mediums) and on the sales and marketing strategies.
- Our logistics team are the people who make sure our customers get their orders on time and this involves the customer services team, managing courier relationships, warehousing and also the accounts team.
- The directors are involved on a day to day basis in the running of the company but they are also involved in investor relations and guiding the overall strategy of the company.
What’s an average day like at Wedo?
- Regardless of which team you are a part of, you will find that your day will begin in the same manner. Once you’ve got your feet under the table, a coffee in your hand and you’ve checked out the latest blogs and industry info doing the rounds you’ll have a brief team meeting to discuss the days plans and aims.
- After this it depends on which team you are in, but all our teams operate with a flat hierarchical structure with no restrictions on how you go about getting your job done. We realise everyone works best in a different way and we trust people to know what works best for them.
- While you will have several ongoing projects, everyone is encouraged to immerse themselves in the business and interact with people from different disciplines. Whether this is on collaborative projects or simply learning a new skill from someone else, it is what makes us more dynamic than the competition.
- Every day throws up something new and we pride ourselves on being able to react to changes quickly and pre-emptively, meaning we are more than prepared to change our focus if a situation demands this. No two days are the same because of this, which is the main reason we love working here.
What do we do outside of work?
- In the last 8 weeks or so, we’ve been down to the pub, gone bowling, had team lunches, team pizza, and gone go-karting
- There is a reason why so many of our team come from abroad and that is because of the opportunities London offers, not just in terms of work, but also life outside of work.
- We have several keen sports players in the office, who play to good levels of hockey, rugby, football and cricket.
- Everyone is into their music and these tastes are wide and varied, meaning choosing the music for nights out can prove somewhat challenging!
- We have dancers, artists, motoring enthusiasts and horse riders in the office and nearly everyone takes advantage of the subsidised gym we have on site.
What are the benefits of working at Wedo?
- An opportunity to work in a fast paced, fast growing company where there is no limit to how far you can progress within the business.
- A working environment where an ability to think outside the box is both valued and encouraged.
- The chance to work with some of the brightest business and technological minds around.
- A 24-hour, subsidised gym on site.
- Childcare voucher scheme for working parents.
- A fridge, coffee machine, a juicer, a kitchen with seating and a microwave.
- Bike, motorcycle and car parking on site.
- On site café and close proximity to central London.
That’s a succinct but relatively detailed overview of who we are, so you should able to tell if this is the kind of company that you think you’d enjoy working in. If this sounds like just your cup of tea (or whichever other hot drink takes your fancy), then have a look at the current positions or alternatively write to us and tell us why we need to take you on!